This talk from the O'Reilly 2012 Velocity Conference presents a case study describing how Tagged.com uses sFlow to monitor their application infrastructure.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Introduction to sFlow
- Using Ganglia as an sFlow collector
- Monitoring Apache web tier
- Monitoring Memcache clusters
- Monitoring Java applications
- Using sflowtool to develop custom tools
The recently published O'Reilly book, Monitoring with Ganglia, includes the Tagged case study and a chapter on configuring Ganglia to collect sFlow metrics.