This talk from a recent Bay Area Network Virtualization Meetup describes how sFlow and OpenFlow can be combined to develop performance aware software defined networking (SDN) applications.
Some of the topics covered include:
- 0:00:00 Why monitor performance?
- 0:07:34 What is sFlow?
- 0:16:55 Software Defined Networking
- 0:22:40 Examples
- 0:23:35 DDoS mitigation
- 0:26:10 Load balancing large flows
- 0:30:32 Optimizing virtual networks
- 0:36:37 Packet brokers
- 0:39:05 Q&A
- 1:10:15 Hands on workshop
- 1:10:40 Testbed setup
- 1:13:30 sFlow-RT REST API Commands
- 1:38:30 Q&A
The slides from the talk are available on Slideshare.